St John’s Church was originally built in 1913. The tower of St John’s Hensingham contains eight bells hung for full circle ringing. They were cast by Taylor’s of Loughborough and installed in 1914. They are tuned to F# and the tenor weight is 13cwt. (700Kg)
We ring to call the faithful to worship and to remind others of the church’s presence in the community.
When do we ring? We are very much a part of the fellowship of the church and we ring regularly at 10:30 for Sunday worship and for weddings, with additional ringing for Christmas, Easter and special services. Our Tower practice night is Tuesdays at 19:30 & on Mondays at 18:30 for Hand Bells. Variations are posted on this page