It’s been a long time since we got together as a ringing group. I hope everyone has kept well and you are all keen to restart ringing in a safe controlled way.
We have a wedding booked for Saturday 10th.July and I’m looking for 6 ringers to form a band. I have been busy measuring the tower and we can ring with 5 people from different households following the rules. We should be able to double up in at least one household, so will be able to ring a maximum of 6 bells,following the rule of 6 with no problems.
The requirements are:
- Ringers should if possible have had a negative lateral flow test in the previous 48 hours
- Ringers should not attend if they have symptoms that may be Covid related
- Rule of 6 applies indoors
- Windows and doors should be open to give good ventilation
- Masks/face coverings must be worn at all times within the church and tower
- Sanitiser should be used before and after ringing and whenever a change of bell is made.
- All ringers not of one household or bubble should be at least 1 metre apart with mitigations when ringing and 2 metres when not ringing
- A maximum of about 45 minutes ringing suggested for each session.
- Names should be entered in the diary to show attendance
Please let me know if you would like to ring. A practice will take place beforehand to allow you to get used to ringing again.
Looking forward to an early reply please