St John’s Church was originally built in 1913. The tower of St John’s Hensingham contains eight bells hung for full circle ringing. They were cast by Taylor’s of Loughborough and installed in 1914. They are tuned to F# and the tenor weight is 13cwt. (700Kg)
We ring to call the faithful to worship and to remind others of the church’s presence in the community.
When do we ring? We are very much a part of the fellowship of the church and we ring regularly for Sunday worship from 10:30-1100. We also ring for weddings, Christmas, Easter and special services. Our Tower practice night is Tuesdays from 19:30-21:00 & Hand Bells practice on Mondays restarting in February